I want to dispel some of the myth about marketing, especially here in Seattle.
I have talked to some Seattle business owners that think Social Media is just a toy and not a serious tool to building their business. When I talk to them they recite oh, when I have a little more time I’ll just get on there and throw up some posts of my specials.
nnnnt! Wrong answer!
Whether we want to believe it or not Social Media is serious. If you send the wrong posts on Facebook you can find yourself being deleted by all who have friend-ed you or just simply ignored. There really is a strategy to how you post where you post, when to post and what type of post to send. The key is to be strategic and consistent.
A website is just a page on the internet that gives people information.
nnnnt! Wrong again!
How you set up your website is super important. I don’t want to sound rude here, but there is a reason I do what I do. I learned that there are elements to building a website that will leverage you in search engines to get more views and build recognition for you and your company. You cannot just wing it! There are a lot of website builders out there now that try to offer cheap websites and guess what?….People buy them! Cheap sounds good. I love a good deal and so I try to be super affordable but I do not want to compromise my customer’s marketing. I am in front of people all day listening to their stories about being unhappy with their website and its performance. Lets do it right.
Author: Robert Norman
SEO has become a confusing category. What is search engine optimization anyway? What does it do or how can I as a small business owner capture the power of SEO?
In the past companies would try to choose a business names that would get the to the top of the Yellow Pages phone book (Like AA auto care). Of course the phone book always started with the first letter in the alphabet A and went to Z. So the more A’s you have the better the chances of someone seeing your listing and calling you for your services.
The landscape has changed drastically. This mystery called SEO is all about Content.
The more you write, the more others write about you and the quality/ relevance of what you write is key. Don’t forget how Email marketing and Social Media can also play a huge role in gaining a presence online.
You don’t have to be the best just be the best at being you!
I will give you 3 tips on how to build SEO for your company organization:
- Get a website with a Blog. You will want to blog regularly to create more content online.Fresh content is a big deal. Several factors come into play here. You want to build company recognition, draw others to you and offer something of value to the reader.
- Social Media legs. You want to build a few good Social Media avenues for you to create content. Facebook is an essential for everyone but depending on your business or organization I would pick 3-4 good Social Media outlets and plan on posting to them regularly (YouTube, Instagram, Google+ etc.).
- Email Marketing. Yes initially, this is just an email sent to a subscriber base but the purpose is to get that subscriber base to look at you. An email newsletter is a perfect way to offer something of value and get others to click on your website, blog or social media links. With all 3 of these strategies in place you will be creating powerful SEO for your organization.
If you have any questions email me HERE or call at 206.413.1647
In today’s age, websites are a necessity!
Some believe that making a website for their business is simple. Just throw some pictures on a background, add some links and viola! Others over complicate it; scared to pull the trigger and may even end up spending more on a website than what is needed.
Having a website is not about just having contact information and address so others can reach you. Having a website means content, branding and SEO.
I am going to five you 5 Tips that will help you get it done right:
- Get someone to do the website for you who is a professional but check the pricing with other builders. See samples of his work or get a mock site to be sure you are getting what you need and for a fair price.
- Make sure your site is built to brand your business. Branding is making sure the website is in a theme for your business and has relevant content to the service you provide. Everything that is on your site will be measured in the online public and if your site is not branded well you could be losing serious SEO. (Example: a Golf store that also sells passports or has a blog about the Seahawks. This will not help).
- Give away your passion. Sell yourself by giving it away. What I mean is inspire others by writing about your services or product. Offer others something valuable for free. (Example: 3 tips on waxing your car).
- Get Social! That’s right, make sure your website is linked to all your Social Media and post regularly this helps to build reputation and SEO (That is if you have good content).
- Have a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Strategy. That’s right. Nothing happens by chance. Create a strategy to write content on your blog, your Social Media and build a subscriber base that is interested in what you do. Maybe you write monthly newsletter, and post to Facebook twice daily. Whatever it is. Plan it and do it!
Email Marketing has been a long time source for advertising. Although, many of the modern minds have questioned its power. Trust me, I use it every day and when it is used correctly, email is by far still one of the best ways to market your business or organization.
I am not talking about sending a mass email with a picture of your product and and a bright red sign that says “Only $14.99!”. I am talking about a whole new way to use email. In this day and age, email is best used to inform, educate and inspire your consumer. This will bring you recognition as a company or organization and in turn will plant your name in their heads when or if they need your services. This may sound like a soft approach but the statistics say otherwise.Entrepreneur magazine, Forbes and many other business savvy institutions recognize the power of email.According to hubspot.com’s statistics, email generates 50% more in Sales!
Great! Email works, but how do I use it?
The best ways to use email for your marketing is to constantly stay in touch with your customer. I utilize a Company Email Newsletter mailed out every month. I also use a Blog to write my Content and build SEO. Then I marry those with a strong Social Media strategy. You want to serve them, inform them and even inspire them.
The Modern age of Marketing is not about a hard sell, its about a relationship with your customers.